BoyzForum! BoyzForum! - forum gay Indonesia www.boyzforum.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selamat datang di situs Boyzforum yang diarsipkan oleh Queer Indonesia Archive. Forum untuk komunitas gay Indonesia yang populer ini didirikan pada tahun 2003, dan ditutup pada tanggal 15 Desember 2020.

Forum ini diabadikan untuk kepentingan sejarah. Tidak akan ada konten baru di forum ini. Silakan menikmati forum ini sebagai potongan dari sejarah queer Indonesia.

Manado

edited December 2008 in Nusantara
Anyone can give information about bunaken ? Is it better to stay in Manado or in Bunaken. And how much is the transportation from Manado to the diving area. And snorkling spots around the island

Note : pls reply in English

Comments

• if you want to spend the whole day snorkling/diving, it's better to stay on the island. there are many cottages scattered around the island. you can just google them.
    as for diving spots, there are numerous spots in bunaken alone, and there are also great spots near lembeh island and gangga island. you just have to try them all.
    if you want a little adventure u can stay in the city and explore the minahasa highland or the tangkoko rainforest. it's all availabe in a tour package, you can contact any travel agent via the internet. i noticed that one travel agent gets the most recommendation, the manado safari tour. but many other agents also give excellent service.
    btw i'ts advisable to avoid visiting during the rainy season (dec - april) as the wave can get pretty big as to halt any transportation to and from bunaken, besides, u won't be able to dive or snorkel safely due to the water current.
    when are u visiting anyway?
  • Thank you for the info. If we can make it, I will be there by the end of december. Hope to get a room booked as it maybe high season also.

Btw, do you have a recomendation for a place to stay in bunaken ? I looked for some but an opinion will be great. And most of the cottage in the island give the price per person. Is it possible that one cottage will be more than two person at the same time ?
  • i recommended sea breeze resort. it was a nice place.
    i also recommended Minahasa Resort, the resort not in bunaken but it was a nice place, and maybe they can charge for groups not for person
  • manadoMale wrote:
    i recommended sea breeze resort. it was a nice place.
    i also recommended Minahasa Resort, the resort not in bunaken but it was a nice place, and maybe they can charge for groups not for person

yupe i love that place
    i recommended a kima bajo resort...
    its a good one...
    all place in manado have a great view,,,
    plus a lovely nice people...
    and a sexy hot boys,absolutely...hahahaha
    so,come to manado...

Visit Indonesia 2008
  • Hmm it's not really my area of expertise since i usually go to bunaken only on day excursions and not spend the night there, but i've heard nice things about 'bunaken cha cha resort' and the locally owned 'bastianos resort'. Most of the resorts are owned by foreigners, i.e italian, american, etc. And yes, u can rent a cottage for more than one person. I believe they have family size cottages as opposed to the usual cottage-for-two. Again, u could arrange ur trip online via the manado safari tour website (no affiliation whatsoever with me) so u could have the hassle free trip u've always dreamed of. Happy holidays..
  • Rayallen wrote:
    I will be there by the end of december. Hope to get a room booked as it maybe high season also.

hi ray .... missed ya by about a month. Was in Jakarta last month and stopped by at the HQ ... 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • satria wrote:
    Rayallen wrote:
    I will be there by the end of december. Hope to get a room booked as it maybe high season also.

hi ray .... missed ya by about a month. Was in Jakarta last month and stopped by at the HQ ... 8) 8) 8) 8)

HQ ??? serasa deh LOL
  • Rayallen wrote:
    Anyone can give information about bunaken ? Is it better to stay in Manado or in Bunaken. And how much is the transportation from Manado to the diving area. And snorkling spots around the island

Note : pls reply in English

wah in english nih??hehe..
    dont hav any reference whre to live in manado or bunaken..
    just want to say hai..and welcome to manado..when u find someone in manado just make sure he or she can guide u to the wright place that u want to stay..hehe.. :)